Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reference3A Dulcet Loudspeakers - ROCK! check these out


I was psyched to get a new pair of Reference3A, Dulcet two-way loudspeakers (for review in Positive Feedback Online) yesterday! I've been hearing and reading amazing things from Harry Pearson at The Absolute Sound about Reference3A and their Grand Veenas (bigger, floor-standing speakers than the Dulcet). So I was pleased to find the company made a two-way, smaller monitor style speaker!

Well before I started working around consoles and in studios (and ref-ing mixes on 2 channel systems in offices and such) I loved the sound of two-way monitors. I went nuts over these small speakers by System Audio (the 1005) that Hp and I discovered while I was working for The Absolute Sound. There was a continuousness, a fluidity to the sound that I barely experience from larger, more complex speaker systems. The speakers seemed to disappear easier, which was always my goal for Hi-fi in my room anyway. I wanted to be transported into the music; hear harmonics sound closer to the real thing. Two-ways just do that for me more often (and YES, much of the time I end up using a subwoofer to handle the sub-40hz region).

These are kinda blowing my mind thus far, and they have barely settled into my room and my system! All I'm going to say is that a few of my acid test records; Jason Mraz Live at Java Joe's, Radiohead's Kid A album, Donny Hathaway (the Donny Hathaway Collection, original producers Arif Mardin and Tom Dowd), some Tori (Amos), and some of the new CD's I recently received got from Phillip at On-A-Higher-Note ---

THESE SPEAKERS are SPECIAL.
Now, my reference has been the System Audio SA2Ks for years now, and they're very similar in design, so I'm pumped to put these side-by-side. I'm getting my speakers and Classe amp back this week! They've been in storage in New York for two years now!

Wow, we're slowly rebuilding our lives again.

Check back Soon
and I'll be waxin' on something else, or dropping the link to my review in Positive Feedback Online!!

No comments:

Post a Comment